Are we seriously almost half way through 2018?! When did that happen? At the beginning of 2018 told myself *this* would finally be the year I got this blog up and running as part of my “18 things in 2018”. It’s been rolling around in my head for years, has been put down on paper a few times, and been typed out a few more times than that. Still, I never just went for it. Until this year, of course. This year I was going to sit down in January, do a “new year, new me!” and then…
I opened my eyes and it was June 8th. Meh, oh well. The good news is this year has been a year of change for me. Beautiful, painful, chaotic change. Also good news is that despite my procrastination, we’ve made it! Step 1 of completing my 18 things in 2018.
Here are the other things on my list!
Get organized and commit to the blog
2. Stop procrastinating
3. Learn calligraphy
4. Perfect my skincare routine
5. Disconnect from technology–word is there’s an update (on it’s way? already here? I’m not positive…) for Apple that keeps track of your digital health, aka-how much time you spend on your phone. I already know mine is going to be embarrassingly high.
6. Write more letters. What happened to thank you notes and handwritten letters?! Bonus–use calligraphy skills to be a little extra, as you do.
7. Appreciate art. Go to a museum and admire an art gallery.
8. Choose quality in everything, but particularly in food and friends.
9. Appreciate the moment. Sit still for a moment.
10. Travel more.
11. Be selfish. Wait, what? I’m very serious…
12. Find my unicorn jeans.
13. Laugh more.
14. Work towards zero waste. (spoiler alert- I’ve already started this and it’s so much easier than I expected!)
15. Enjoy nature! My time outside on a normal day is the time it takes from my house to my car, car to the office, and then the opposite direction.
16. Trust in the timing.
17. Improve public speaking.
18. Find the beauty in all situations, because you never know when you will wake up and your whole world will be completely changed…
What’s on your 18 in 2018? If you haven’t started one yet, better late than never!